CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2008년 3월 1일 토요일

6th Post on my First Book: 1984

My favorite phrase from 1984 that is significant is this: "Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." This passage tells the cruelty of the world Smith is living in. People had lost their freedom and right, and the ones who took the freedom is controlling the past, the present, and even the future. This phrase made the dystopian world become a real dystopian world, meaning without this phrase the story would not have been as perfect as it is right now.

1 개의 댓글:

Hannah Jang :

I really totally agree with you. I wouldn't neccessarily say that it was my favorite phrase but it is a really cruel truth about Winston's world. But this doesn't only happen in dystopian worlds. It could be happening anywhere is this world today.